The complete guide to using Botanical Wax Melts: How to get the most out of your scent
Small but mighty, our soy wax melts are the best way to fragrance your home if you want your favourite Floral Lab scents at scent-sational strength... and the best bit? They can scent your space within 15 minutes!
Powered by soy beans, our botanical wax melts are bursting with scent-sational fragrance. But you might be wondering how to use a natural-wax botanical melt, or wanting some top tips on how to get the most from your melt, so we've compiled this handy guide for you.
What are wax melts?
Our Botanical Wax Melts are small pieces of scented soy wax that are melted in a wax melt burner (or traditional oil burner). They come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and are a popular alternative to traditional candles as they offer a stronger scent release, are cheaper and tend to last longer than a candle.
As the fragrance is contained in a natural wax that removes the necessity for a wick, we can create more complex fragrances in our wax melts, so make sure you check our beauties such as Darjeeling Delights and Irish Turflands
How do I use them?
Using wax melts is as easy as 1,2,3!
1. Snap of a chunk of your wax melt and place atop of your burner.
2. Light a natural-wax tealight (we recommend our Bear Wax natural-wax tealights) and place in the void of your wax melt burner.
3. Within as little as 15 minutes, scent will have infused throughout your space. Sit back and enjoy as your Flora-lab fragrance infuses into your space.
What Can I Use to Burn a Wax Melt On
Traditionally, the best way to get scent from a wax melt is to pair with a wax melt burner (We have a few of them available here)- if you have a traditional oil burner, that will also work (but just don't pop any water in with your wax- there's no need).
There are a few other ways you can melt a wax melt burner, including electric burners, which are a great option if you have young children or don't want flame in your home, or placing a small dish atop a log-burner or AGA with a wax melt inside.
Our top tips for getting the most out of your wax melt:
- Start with one chunk of wax melt and add more as needed to achieve your desired scent intensity.
- Clean your wax warmer or diffuser regularly to prevent buildup and prolong its lifespan- this also includes the void where the tealight has been to avoid any excess charcoal.
- Store your wax melts in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight to prevent melting or fading.
Scenting while Staying Safe:
Safety is always our first priority here at Flora Lab HQ- so make sure you take a read of these before you start to burn your soy wax melts.
- Store below 20degrees to prevent your wax melt bar... melting!
- Never, ever move your wax melt while lit or the wax atop is molten- not only could you burn your skin through direct contact with flame, a hot vessel or melted wax, but you run the risk of spilling your wax which may stain your surfaces or clothes.
- Don't leave your wax melt unattended and keep out of reach of little ones or furry friends.
- Never burn your wax melt for more than 4 hours at once- your vessel will become very hot if that's the case
Shop our Botanical Soy Wax Melts here;
Fancy A Smell of Everything; Shop Our Botanical Wax Melt Selection Box Here
Want to try a scent before you commit: Try our Singular Botanical Wax Melt Option Here: